Different groups of people/employees can choose a genre and a date to have a Netflix watch party, of course this will require the individuals to have the Netflix account.
Netflix works on a month-to-month subscription so that allows the organisation to take a few subscriptions for this specific event if required for one month.
Netflix Party is a Chrome extension for watching Netflix remotely with friends, e.g., for movie nights with that long-distance special someone. It synchronizes video playback and adds group chat.
How will it work:
- Groups to be formed in order to manage the numbers per account but also to manage the different genre interest (numbers can be determined by the number of people that have Netflix subscriptions)
- The groups can choose what they want to watch; it can be a movie or a documentary – this will be up to each group (to binge watch a series – a new link will have to be created for each episode unfortunately)
- A group of colleagues can choose a movie and a night they would watch it together as if going to the movies together however it will from the comfort of their homes. It has chat capabilities while watching the movie which can be used to discuss views on the movie.
- It will only require one person from the group to download the Netflix Party Chrome Extension, then can invite other attendees by sharing a link which will allow everyone to chat to one another.
- Each person upon registering for a group can be requested to donate the value of a movie night out (movie ticket and popcorn) to fund raise for the campaign or a set fee to be charged based on the set target by the group itself or the company.
- Do be done through the GivenGain link created
- The groups can decide on the time, the movie and a day
How to set up the Watch Party:
Once all invitees have a Netflix account and Google Chrome, you will be able to use Netflix Party seconds following these steps:
- Go to the Netflix Party website and click “Install Netflix Party.”
- Once at the Chrome Web Store, click “Add to Chrome” and then “Add Extension.”
- On the upper right-hand corner, an “NP” icon will appear.
- Go to the Netflix website and select a movie or show to watch.
- Then click on the “NP” icon, and copy and paste the URL.
- Send the link to your friends and start watching together!
- If you receive a Netflix Party link, make sure you have the extension installed first. When you click on the link, you’ll be redirected to the Netflix website. Once there, click on the “NP” icon on the top right and join the watch party.
- Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_B1YOIYM3Q for a quick tutorial